How Do I Obtain a certified copy of a Birth, Marriage, Civil Union, Domestic Partnership or Death Certificate?
ANSWER: Certified copies of vital records can be obtained from the municipality where the vital event occurred. To obtain a certified copy you must meet the following requirements.
- These copies are only issued to those individuals who have a direct link to the individuals named on the vital record event, provided that the requestor is able to identify the vital record and provide the necessary proof.
- We provide a 24-hour service from the time an application is made until the time the certified copy is ready for pick-up.
- Application must be made in the Board of Health Office, Department of Community Development (124 South Main Street, Forked River), between the hours of 8:30 am and 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday. (Except Holidays) 609-693-1100 ext. 2250, lacey.BOH@laceytownship.org
APPLICATION: Certified Copies REG37
Please fill out the top portion of the form along with the respective section of the type of certified copy you are requesting: Birth, Death or Marriage.
When returning, please include:
1. The completed application
2. A copy of your identification (driver’s license or passport) (if your identification address does not match your residence on the application, please provide a copy of a piece of mail reflecting your residence address)
3. The appropriate fee, $10 per copy, cash or check payable to “Lacey Township”.
**More documentation may be required depending on the relationship of the individual you are requesting the documentation on behalf of.
Office Location, if dropping your request off in person: 124 South Main Street, Forked River
Office mailing address:
Board of Health
818 Lacey Road
Forked River, NJ 08731
Attn: Korinne Vincenzi
**If you need any assistance, please reach out to lacey.BOH@laceytownship.org or 609.693.1100 ext. 2250**