Procedure for Leaf Collection
ATTENTION LACEY RESIDENTS
FALL LEAF COLLECTION – PROCEDURES!
An Amendment to Lacey Township Code Section 289-2C Entitled “Designated Recyclable Materials” Item (9) - Leaves: Must be bagged in environmentally friendly biodegradable paper bags with bags left open or in containers no larger than 32 gallons and placed at curbside during leaf pickup program weeks”. Ordinance No. 2020-19, Signed October 8, 2020.
IT'S FALL LEAF COLLECTION TIME!
There will be 3 curbside leaf collection cycles this Fall...
The First pickup cycle will begin on Monday, November 14th.
The Second pickup cycle will begin on Monday, November 28th.
The Third and Final pickup cycle will begin on Monday, December 12th.
All leaves must be placed at curbside PRIOR to the START of each cycle.
- It will take the Township approximately two weeks to complete each cycle.
- Leaves must be placed in BROWN biodegradable paper bags, or placed in containers no larger than 32 gallons.(Lacey Township Ordinance #2020-019) NO PLASTIC BAGS
- NO tree branches, acorns or other debris - LEAVES ONLY
- If we come to your street and your leaves are not out on the first collection cycle, we will not be back until the 2nd cycle begins.
- Do Not mix any debris into leaf bags or containers. Leaf bags or containers mixed with debris or garbage will not be collected.
- Do Not rake leaves into a pile at curbside and Do Not rake them into the street. Violation Notices will be issued by the Code Enforcement Officer.
Answers to the Most Frequently Asked Questions.....
- Pine needles are considered the leaf of the Pine Tree, and therefore should be included with leaf pickup.
- Twigs, acorns, and pine cones are considered vegetative debris and should be put out for trash pickup.
- The Leaf Collection Program will NOT be extended.
- Leaves set out after final collection on December 6th must be brought into the Recycling Center during normal operating hours: Monday thru Friday, 7:00 am - 3:15 pm; Saturday and Sunday, 8:00 am - 3:45 pm.
- LEAVES CAN BE BROUGHT INTO THE RECYCLING CENTER AT ANY TIME THROUGHOUT THE YEAR. IF YOU BRING LEAVES INTO THE RECYCLING CENTER IN PLASTIC BAGS, YOU MUST EMPTY THE LEAVES IN THE LEAF SECTION AND TAKE THE BAGS BACK WITH YOU.
- WE DO NOT ACCEPT GARBAGE, GRASS, TREES, TREE STUMPS, GRAVEL, DIRT, WOOD CHIPS OR ANY INVASIVE SHRUBS OR VINES SUCH AS BAMBOO OR POISON IVY IN THE RECYCLING CENTER AT ANYTIME FROM ANYONE. IT IS ILLEGAL DUMPING AND SUBJECT TO VIOLATION AND PENALTIES.
- WE ARE NOT PERMITTED TO ACCEPT LEAVES FROM CONTRACTORS OR LANDSCAPERS. CONTRACTORS AND LANDSCAPERS CAN BRING LEAVES TO THE OCEAN COUNTY FACILITIES IN MANAHAWKIN OR LAKEWOOD OR TO OTHER PRIVATE COMPANIES FOR DISPOSAL.