Procedure for FALL Leaf Collection
There will be 2 Curbside Leaf Collections Cycles this SPRING
The First Leaf Collection Cycle will begin Monday, April 2nd
The Second Leaf Collection Cycle will begin on Monday, April 16th
It will take the Township approximately two weeks to complete each cycle.
Curbside Leaf Collection is a service provided by the Township as a courtesy to its residents and can only be accomplished by adhering to the
start dates as indicated. Since it is impossible for us to determine the volume of leaves that will be set out for collection, we cannot offer a
specific date as to when your leaves will be picked up. It is our intent to collect leaves that are placed at curbside on the start of each collection
cycle within a 10-day period.
Leaves may be brought into the Recycling Center throughout the year. The Center is open Monday through Friday except on holidays, 7:00 am
to 3:15 pm and on Saturday and Sunday 8:00 am to 3:45 pm. If you require further information call The Department of Public Works, Monday
through Friday, 7:00 am to 3:30 pm, (609) 693-1100, Ext. 2301.
- Leaves must be placed in trash bags or containers no larger than 32 gallons and weighing no more than 50 lbs. While we are encouraging environmental friendly biodegradable bags, plastic will be accepted during this transitional phase.
- There is no limit to the number of bags that may be placed at curbside for pickup. All leaf bags will be collected.
- Do not mix any debris in with your leaves. Leaf bags or containers containing debris or garbage will not be picked up.
- Do not rake leaves into a pile at curbside and do not rake them into the street. Violation notices will be issued by Code Enforcement.
- Keep leaf bags/containers away from your trash so as not to confuse the two.
Answers to the most frequently asked Questions...
- Pine needles are considered the leaf of the Pine Tree and therefore should be included with leaf pickup.
- Twigs, acorns and pinecones are considered vegetative debris and should be put out for trash pickup.
- Yes, we will look into the bags you set out. We are picking up leaves, not brush or other debris.
- The leaf collection program will NOT be extended. If your leaves were placed at curbside on December 11th and not collected during this Final cycle,
you must contact us prior to December 15th.