IT'S SPRING LEAF COLLECTION TIME!
There will be 2 curbside leaf collection cycles this Spring...
The First pickup cycle will begin on Monday, April 4th.
The Second and Final cycle will begin on Monday, April 18th.
All leaves must be placed at curbside at the START of each cycle: Monday, April 4th and Monday, April 18th.
- It will take the Township approximately two weeks to complete each cycle.
- Leaves must be placed in trash bags or containers no larger than 32 gallons and weighing no more than 50 pounds. While we are encouraging environmental friendly biodegradable bags, plastic will be accepted.
- There is no limit to the number of bags that may be placed at curbside for pickup. All leaf bags will be collected.
- Do not mix any debris into leaf bags or containers. Leaf bags or containers mixed with debris or garbage will not be collected.
- Do Not rake leaves into a pile at curbside and Do Not rake them into the street. Violation Notices will be issued by the Code Enforcement Officer.
- Please place your leaf bags/containers separate from your garbage or recycling cans so as not to confuse the two.
Answers to the Most Frequently Asked Questions.....
- Pine needles are considered the leaf of the pine tree, and therefore should be included with leaf pickup.
- Twigs, acorns, and pine cones are considered vegetative debris and should be put out for trash pickup.
- The Leaf Collection Program will NOT be extended. If your leaves are placed at curbside on April 18th and not collected during this final cycle, you must contact us immediately.
- Leaves set out after final collection will not be collected. As a reminder, Residents can bring leaves to the Recycling Center throughout the year during normal hours of operation.
Please call the Public Works Department at 609-693-1100, ext. 2301or log onto www.laceytownship.org for Recycling Center hours.