LACEY TOWNSHIP ANNOUNCES…IT’S TIME TO PREPARE FOR… FALL LEAF COLLECTION!
For our Township Residents, we will be collecting Leaves at Curbside in 3 Collection Cycles this Fall……
The First Cycle will begin on Monday, November 14th
The Second Cycle will begin on Monday, November 28th
The Third & Final Cycle will begin on Monday, December 12th
Leaves must be placed at curbside at the Start of Each Cycle: Monday, November 14th; Monday, November 28th; and on the Final Cycle - Monday, December 12th
- Leaves must be placed in biodegradable paper bags, plastic bags, or containers no larger than 32 gallons and together with their contents must not weigh more than 50 lbs. While we encourage the environmental friendly biodegradable paper bags, leaves in plastic bags will also be accepted.
- There is no limit to the number of bags that may be placed at curbside for pickup. All leaf bags will be collected.
- Do not mix any debris into leaf bags or containers. Leaf bags or containers mixed with garbage or debris will not be collected.
- Please place your leaf bags or containers separate from your garbage or recycling cans so as not to confuse the two.
- Do Not rake leaves into a pile at curbside and Do Not rake them into the street. Violation Notices will be issued by Code Enforcement.
Answers to the Most Frequently Asked Questions…
- Pine Needles are considered the leaf of the Pine Tree, and therefore should be included with leaf pickup.
- Twigs, acorns and pinecones are considered vegetative debris and should be put out for trash pickup.
- The Leaf Collection Program Will Not be extended. If your leaves were placed at curbside on December 12th and not collected during this final Cycle, you must contact us prior to December 16th.
The Leaf Collection Schedule is printed in your current Recycling Calendar. If you have any questions, please call the Public Works Department at 693-1100 ext. 2301. Residents can bring leaves into the Recycling Center throughout the year during normal hours of operation, Monday thru Friday, 7:00 am – 3:15 pm and on Saturday & Sunday 8:00 am – 3:45 pm.