LACEY TOWNSHIP ANNOUNCES…IT’S TIME TO PREPARE FOR… SPRING LEAF COLLECTION!
For our Township Residents, we will be collecting Leaves at Curbside in 2 Collection Cycles this Spring……
The First Cycle will begin on Monday, April 2nd
The Second Cycle will begin on Monday, April 16th
Leaves must be placed at curbside at the Start of Each Cycle: Monday, April 2nd; and/or on Monday, April 16th
- Leaves must be placed in biodegradable paper bags, plastic bags, or containers no larger than 32 gallons and together with their contents must not weigh more than 50 lbs. While we encourage the environmental friendly biodegradable paper bags, leaves in plastic bags will also be accepted.
- There is no limit to the number of bags that may be placed at curbside for pickup. All leaf bags will be collected.
- Do not mix any debris into leaf bags or containers. Leaf bags or containers mixed with garbage or debris will not be collected.
- Please place your leaf bags or containers separate from your garbage or recycling cans so as not to confuse the two.
- Do Not rake leaves into a pile at curbside and Do Not rake them into the street. Violation Notices will be issued by Code Enforcement.
Answers to the Most Frequently Asked Questions…
- Pine Needles are considered the leaf of the Pine Tree, and therefore should be included with leaf pickup.
- Twigs, acorns and pinecones are considered vegetative debris and should be put out for trash pickup.
- The Leaf Collection Program Will Not be extended. If your leaves were placed at curbside on April 16th and not collected during the final Cycle, you must contact us prior to April 27th.
The Leaf Collection Schedule is printed in your current Recycling Calendar. If you have any questions, please call the Public Works Department at 693-1100 ext. 2301. Residents can bring leaves into the Recycling Center throughout the year during normal hours of operation, Monday thru Friday, 7:00 am – 3:15 pm and on Saturday & Sunday 8:00 am – 3:45 pm.